Roadway and drainage works starting from 7th February 2022
We would like to notify you of upcoming roadway and drainage works for the extension of the cemetery at Forest Park Cemetery and Crematorium (link to the pdf notice).
Due to commence in early February, works are expected to finish in early April. The works will include the creation of a new road with roadside parking to allow access the new cemetery land. During the construction period, any scheduled burial services will be accommodated by our construction team who will stop all work and be respectful of the service.
The areas directly affected will be fenced off in order to ensure public safety, however, this will not restrict access to the graves located near the area. The chapel will remain open and services will continue throughout this period.
Access to the main cemetery by car will remain during these works.
Please feel free to contact the crematorium office for more information on 0208 501 2236.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during the works but hope that you will appreciate that it will improve the facilities and their experience of visitors when the improvements are complete.
In the coming weeks, sections of roads will be resurfaced and repairs will be made to the kerbing at Barkingside Garden of Rest, Barkingside Cemetery and Buckingham Road Cemetery.
If you would like more information on how this may affect your visit, please call the Crematorium directly on 020 8501 2236.
More information available here
Improvement Works Taking Place
We will be conducting a programme of works to replace and refurbish the fencing of Barkingside and Barkingside Garden of Rest Cemetery.
The work is due to commence on Monday 28th March 2022 and expected to be completed towards the end of June 2022. Temporary fencing with a privacy panel will be in place during this time.
Spring is the perfect time to visit our sites and remember your loved ones.
Our grounds and offices are now fully open (with proportionate Covid safety precautions). Book of remembrance rooms (where present) are also now open.
Whilst restrictions are relaxing, we want to ensure we continue to provide an environment that is safe and where people feel at ease and are aware of the remaining measures.
Covid Precautions (Update 28/03/2022):
- The wearing of face coverings is no longer a requirement; however, we recognise and respect that some mourners and colleagues may still choose to wear face coverings.
- We continue to encourage good hand hygiene the use of hand sanitiser in and around our buildings.
- We continue to well ventilate our buildings where possible to allow for good airflow.
- There is no maximum cap on the number of attendees at funeral services and we will endeavour to accommodate as many mourners as comfortably possible within our chapels.
- Regular cleaning is undertaken between services to multi-touch points (e.g., door handles, lecterns, catafalques, backs of pews) and a full clean of the chapel is undertaken at the end of every working day.
- Singing is now allowed within our chapels, although mourners are encouraged to wear face coverings due to the increased aerosol production when singing.
- We offer now the witness charging of coffins as normal.
- Curtains may remain open and for mourners to walk up to the coffin to touch/place flowers.
- We welcome donations and collections to be carried out by the Funeral Directors using their own donation boxes or encourage families to make use of online charitable giving sites.
- Mourners are requested to observe as far as possible current Government advice regarding public health measures to limit spread of the virus.
We are fully open to assist you with enquiries regarding memorials.
Please download a digital version of our Memorial Brochure or complete the enquiry form on the Brochure Request page.
We would be delighted to talk to you over the telephone or meet you in person and show you our beautifully landscaped Garden of Remembrance.
Memorials update – 28 July 2021
Due to events beyond our control resulting from significantly delayed shipments from overseas, memorial orders are currently being received later than expected. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We are endeavouring to limit any disruption to a minimum.
If you are considering purchasing a memorial, we encourage you to place your order at the earliest opportunity to ensure its installation as early as possible.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have any enquiries, please contact the Crematorium Office.